Pigmentation Treatment & Removal Brisbane
One of Australia’s leading clinics and medispas in the field, Herstellen Clinic in Brisbane offers a variety of treatment options for skin pigmentation removal.
Our dedicated team can revitalise your complexion and treat skin concerns caused by ageing, environmental damage, and the sun.
What causes skin pigmentation?
Derived from the body’s natural levels of melanin, skin pigmentation most often refers to the spots, freckles, and sunmarks acquired overtime from cosmetic and environmental exposure. Often referred to as sun and liver spots, freckles, and moles, increased levels of these marks can develop regardless of age, skin colour or type.
The most common causes of skin pigmentation include:
- Environmental damage (from sun exposure or pollution)
- Hormonal imbalances
- Smoking and lifestyle choices
Different from more serious health concerns including benign and malignant conditions, all changes should be looked at by a qualified health professional.
Can pigmentation be treated or removed?
In short, yes! Marks that develop due to environmental damage, lifestyle, hormonal imbalances, genetics, and more can be treated to reduce their visibility and, in some cases, be removed.
From OTC lightening treatments, to facial acids and retinoids, discolouration due to hyperpigmentation can, in most cases, be treated.
Since a variety of treatment methods can be used, a skin expert can assess your complexion and determine which option will work best for you. An experienced clinician can also discuss the root causes of your skin pigmentation and create a long-term plan to prevent more pigmentation from showing on the skin after your treatment.
What is the best treatment for skin pigmentation?
The right treatment for you will depend on the condition of your skin and your desired results. Our experienced team can assess your skin during a consultation and discuss your treatment options.
Treatment options can include:
- Chemical peels: With a variety of peels to choose from, skin pigmentation reduction can be achieved by applying AHA acids, BHA acids, TCA acids or Vitamin A. Our experienced team members can determine which of these effective ingredients will work best for your skin type.
- Dermapen skin needling: Skin needling for pigmentation works by creating micro-injuries in the skin with tiny needles, encouraging the body’s natural healing process to take place. As the body produces more collagen and elastin, pigmented spots can be replaced with clear, healthy skin.
- Microdermabrasion: Removing dead skin cells and improving skin tone, microdermabrasion exfoliates and cleans the skin while reducing the appearance of skin pigmentation.
Our skin pigmentation removal treatments are comfortable to undergo and create minimal downtime. During your consultation, one of our clinicians will create a personalised treatment plan, tailored to your skin type and with the aim of achieving your skin goals. Some treatments may require multiple sessions to achieve the best results. This will depend on the condition of your skin and the type of treatment that will be the most suitable for you.
All of our skin pigmentation reduction treatments will need to be performed on suitable candidates only, to ensure the best results possible and to avoid skin complications.
Preparing for your treatment
If you’re considering undertaking treatments to reverse the signs of ageing, sun, and environmental damage, there are several factors that can support your journey both after your appointments and for optimal, ongoing care.
Preparation can involve taking different steps, depending on your chosen treatment type, your health history and the condition of your skin. During your consultation, one of our experienced clinicians will inform you on how to prepare for your specific treatment.
Some key considerations to take into account before, during, and after your appointments include:
- Slow down on the products. One of our experts will discuss any requirements to slow down or stop the use of specific products before your appointment. These may include retinols, steroids, or whitening creams.
- Formulas with AHA/BHA exfoliating ingredients should be stopped several days before each treatment.
- The areas to be treated should not be waxed, threaded, or treated with IPL closely before or after each appointment.
Your qualified clinician will discuss the ins and outs of how to prepare and create an optimal routine, once a treatment regime has been developed for you.
Aftercare for skin pigmentation treatment
Once you have invested in your own health and wellbeing, ensuring that you make small lifestyle adjustments to maintain your results is key.
Your aftercare instructions will depend on the specific skin pigmentation reduction treatment that you will undergo, but general aftercare and ongoing skin maintenance tips can include:
- SPF: a broad spectrum SPF should always be applied before, during, and after skin pigmentation removal treatments. Your best bet to minimise further damage, SPF should be worn regardless of the season or time of year.
- Hats: a hat that protects your face from the sun protection is essential to shield fragile facial areas from potentially damaging UV rays, most especially after receiving chemical treatments. Combined with SPF, limiting sun exposure to your face is one of the surest ways to minimise damage.
- Hands off: trauma to the area, cystic acne, picking at pimples, and inflammation can result in hyperpigmentation. Though tempting, keep your hands away from healing cuts, scraps, or blemishes to minimise the risk of scars.
Why choose Herstellen Clinic for skin pigmentation treatment?
Herstellen Clinic is a leading Brisbane-based clinic and medispa that offers rejuvenating, non-invasive, and minimally invasive cosmetic procedures. If you’re considering revitalising your dermal health from cosmetic and environmental damage, our team has over 20 years experience in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and know what it takes to help you achieve optimal results.
With every client offered individual and tailored care, your health and wellbeing journey is in good hands with the Herstellen team.
Want to find out which skin pigmentation removal treatment will be best for your skin? Contact our experienced team today to see how our specialised treatments can help you achieve clear, even, smooth and glowing skin.