Scar Reduction Brisbane
With innovative technology and rapidly developing skincare solutions, Herstellen Clinic in Brisbane has a variety of treatments available to support the reduction and removal of scars. From injuries, to post-operation marks, acne scars and more, you don’t have to be limited by the past’s damage any longer!
For scar reduction treatment, we have a variety of options available, including Fraxel lasers, Dermapen needling and rejuvenating chemical peels. Our treatments are associated with minimal downtime and simple recovery steps to ensure that you achieve the best results.
The Herstellen Clinic team is committed to supporting your journey toward healthy and revitalised skin. After in-depth consultations with each of our clients, our highly experienced medispa team will be able to recommend a treatment plan that can significantly reduce your marks’ visibility. To help you maintain clear, healthy and glowing skin in the longer term, our experienced team can put together a personalised skin care plan, advising you on the best way to care for your own unique skin.
Minimising signs of damage and acne scars
Once the area has been damaged from injury, hormonal or cystic acne, or otherwise, some damage needs extra support to heal from the wound and lower scar visibility. Often seen among patients recovering from cystic acne and “ice pick” scars, scar reduction procedures can range from minimally invasive to non-invasive and topical depending on your unique circumstances and needs.
Will I achieve scar reduction or complete scar removal?
It is important to know that even with regular treatments and maintenance, some instances may not be entirely removed. Your qualified healthcare professional will discuss the causes of your specific condition and prescribe a unique treatment plan, as well as outline likelihood of reduction during your consultation. From observation, many patients will experience between a 30% – 80% scar reduction.
Types of scar treatment
At Herstellen Clinic in Brisbane, we have a variety of treatments that can be effective to remove or reduce the appearance of scarring. The best type of scar treatment for you will depend on the condition of your skin, the severity of your scarring and your desired results. To determine the best treatment type, book a consultation with our skin experts so that we can assess the condition of your scars and develop a personalised treatment plan.
We can treat scarring from a number of causes, including acne, surgery or injuries. The scar reduction and scar removal treatments that we offer include:
- Laser scar removal: In most cases, lasers are used to eliminate the top layer of your skin. This is where the scar has formed itself and the area should then peel off easily. Afterwards, the area looks smoother and the deformation is far less visible. When this tissue breaks away, the laser’s light and heat encourages new cells to pop up. From there, blood flow is attracted to the area via heat and the inflammation starts to minimise. Please note that this technique may differ from one client to the next, depending on a wide variety of variables.
- Dermapen microneedling: Using tiny sized needles, Dermapen microneedling works by creating micro injuries in the area of the scarring, which prompts the body’s natural healing process. Overtime, scarring can be reduced or even removed as the damaged skin is replaced with new, healthy and clear skin. When the body needs to heal damaged skin, it produces more collagen and elastin, which can have a variety of benefits for overall skin health. So, as well as treating scars, Dermapen can improve skin tone, reduce large pores, improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and reduce hyperpigmentation.
- Chemical peels: Made with alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA), beta-hydroxy acid (BHA), Vitamin A acids, and trichloroacetic acid (TCA), our variety of chemical peels have a large amount of benefits for overall skin health, as well as reducing the appearance of scarring. Peels can exfoliate and rejuvenate the skin as well as prevent acne and future skin concerns. During a consultation, our team can determine which type of chemical peel would be the most effective for your skin type.
What is the best treatment for acne scars?
Your ideal acne scar removal treatment will depend on your individual skin type and your personal treatment preferences. You may undergo laser acne scar removal, Dermapen microneedling, or one of our amazing chemical peels. During a consultation, one of our friendly, experienced clinicians will assess your skin and recommend an effective scar removal treatment option for you.
What to expect after scar treatment
Please note that some treatments may leave residual redness or slight swelling after your appointment. Your consultant will advise best practice to help manage and soothe these after-effects.
Aftercare for scar reduction treatments
After our variety of scar treatments, downtime is minimal and the aftercare process is quite simple and easy to manage. Each treatment will have a different set of aftercare instructions, so it is important to adhere to the care tips that your clinician will give you during your consultation. Aftercare steps may change depending on your personal factors, such as health history and lifestyle factors. A personal treatment plan will include individualised aftercare tips to ensure that you can achieve the best results from whichever scar removal technique that you undergo.
If you’re ready to take the steps needed to put your best face forward, the following tips and recommendations can help you maintain optimal results after your removal treatments.
- Avoid sun exposure: in general, scar removal treatments may require you to avoid sun exposure after your treatment, or, avoid the use of SPF for at least 24-hours. It may also be beneficial to avoid excessive heat exposure and take a break from strenuous exercise for at least 24-hours to avoid causing irritation in the treated area.
- Avoid active ingredients: beneficial yet potent skincare ingredients such as Vitamin C and retinol should be avoided for at least 24 hours or more, as the use of these highly effective ingredients can irritate the skin in the treated area.
- Drink water: staying hydrated both before and after your treatments can promote faster healing and skin rejuvenation.
- After 24 hours: remember to apply sunscreen every day, especially if you’re headed outdoors around midday or the early afternoon! You should also maintain a skincare routine using high quality skincare products on a daily basis, to keep your skin in the best condition and prevent any future skin damage from occurring. Our team of experts can put together a personalised skincare regimen for you to follow moving forward.
If you have been considering investing in your health and wellbeing, speak to our friendly team at Herstellen Clinic. Qualified in scar reduction treatments and plans, our team is sensitive to the needs of those pursuing this type of journey. We are proud that we can support you in any way possible.
Scar reduction and scar removal at Herstellen Clinic, Brisbane
At Herstellen Clinic, we are committed to providing effective, comfortable and rejuvenating skin treatments for men and women from all walks of life.
Whether you need acne scar removal or scar reduction for scars of other causes, we’re here to help you feel more confident in your own skin.
For clients new to medispas or cosmetic skin care treatments, please don’t hesitate to contact our clinic and enquire about the potential treatments available for you.
Committed to providing a tailored experience unique to your needs, all clients will receive a full consultation and treatment plan discussion session where they are welcome to ask questions or share concerns.
Want to reduce or remove scars and achieve clear, rejuvenated skin? Contact us today to get started on your scar treatment journey!