Discover Effective Laser Hair Removal in Brisbane
Looking for a gentle, permanent solution for hair removal? Considering the advancements in laser hair treatments over the years, Herstellen Clinic offers safe, effective, and long-lasting services that can streamline your skin care and aesthetic routine.
If you’re looking to invest in this type of solution and want to know how to get the best results and how to maintain the same, check out our top tips for before, during, and after your session.
Tips for Perfect Laser Hair Removal
Like any skin care or cosmetic solutions, there are benefits and potential side effects that may vary depending on your skin type, health, and lifestyle factors. To get the best results, and minimise the risks of side effects from your laser hair removal treatments, follow the recommendations below.
Before each session, ensure you avoid:
- Fake tanning: fake tanning products must be avoided for 3-4 weeks beforehand, meaning, you’re best to put it off for the entirety of your laser process.
- Sun tanning: tans from environmental exposure should be faded as much as possible prior to your session. (Recommended up to 4 weeks without active sun exposure.)
- The areas to be treated must be shaved a maximum 24-hours before the appointment.
- Tweezing, waxing, or plucking should be avoided before and between appointments – shaving only.
Some clients report feeling a slight ‘snapping’ feeling during their treatments while others report no discomfort. For clients who do experience some level of discomfort during their sessions, it is reported that as the course progresses and there are less coarse hairs to treat, the sensation lowers drastically. Please speak with your provider about any concerns you may have before, during, or after the procedure.
Please note that areas to be treated must be make-up free so please expect to remove any cosmetics prior to the appointment. You can reapply, if needed, before you leave.
Although some clients may notice results after 2-3 sessions, it is commonly recommended that 8-12 appointments will be the most effective for noticeable, long-lasting results. During this time, the same before, during, and after requirements stay the same. Post-treatment it is important to always:
- Wear SPF: like many skin care or body treatments, laser hair removal can leave your skin extra sensitive to sun exposure.
- Avoid sweating: please avoid actively sweating through exercising or visiting a sauna for up to 24-hours afterwards. Sweat mingled with exposed hair follicles can lead to spots or in-grown hairs.
- Products with active ingredients including retinols or salicylic acids should be avoided for at least 2 days post treatment due to increased skin sensitivity.
Although up to 90% of all clients notice permanent results, health and hormonal changes can result in some clients noticing regrowth over time. You can address these concerns with additional sessions if you prefer to maintain 100% hair free results – however, we recommend speaking with your clinician before booking in if you continue to notice regrowth after completing a full course of lasering.
We Have Over 20 Years’ Experience
With over 20 years’ experience in medispa and aesthetic solutions, the Herstellen team knows how to tailor services to each unique client to help reach their skin care and wellbeing goals. Knowing that the right services and products for one client may need to be varied for the next, our qualified practitioners can address your concerns, challenges, and questions during a one-on-one consultation prior to any booked appointments.
If you’re interested in starting laser hair removal treatments and want to know how suitable the service will be for you, please book in with one of our qualified clinicians to discuss your goals and plan today.